Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dear Someone 3

Dear someone,

I cannot believe that I am writing this unsent letter to you once again. I know that in the last letter, I expressed my intention to forget you. However, in this very moment, I suddenly remember you. That our painful parting created not only sorrow, but also somehow motivating.

I was a disappointment to you for one reason, that I was still staying with my parents until this age. Your commitment at that time was not having a relationship with someone who is staying with his parents. Yet, we clinged for 50 days. Beyond our thought, we already imagined a life without parents, a life for studying abroad. Both of us struggled for getting the awards. Yet, we took different paths.

You decided to stay for the same scholarship, pertaining consistency or just simply being stubborn. Yet I took various chances, the decision trigerring an inconsistence stigma upon me. After our parting, I was totally motivated to really gain the scholarship. I would like to show you how I can still achieve that, even without you being next to me. In fact, my ego told me to prove myself worthy to you. That I am more than you!

People might say that by holding this ambition, it means I still have some feelings towards you. Well, it’s not my place to say that.

The truth was, I felt as a total loser everytime a scholarship rejected me. Meanwhile, you seemed to forget your ambition by staying in a total zone and confessing that you will delay your scholarship. With your so-called withdrawal from the battle, I was still as motivated as before to slap you in the face.

Right now, I am holding this award to study abroad, in one of the most prestigious universities. Meaning, I am going for what we used to fight for. This egotism within me yearn to show this off to you. This mind is longing to shout outloud in front of your face, “Hey, your reason to underestimate me is no longer exist! I am living my own life, far from my parents. Even better, I get this award sooner than you do. Now, who’s the loser, huh?”

But I cannot do that. You don’t care with that, do you? What I can do is only pouring this grudge unto an unsent letter. But one thing that I know for sure, I am more than you.

1 comment:

indra said...

heading to cambridge eh?!
congrats ya! :)