Thursday, July 21, 2005

Be The Best

Be The Best of Whatever You Are
(Douglas Malloch)
spasi
Of you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,
Be a scrub in the valley, but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill
Be a bush if you can't be a tree
spasi
If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass
And some highway happier make
Of you can't be a muskie then just be a bass
But the liveliest bass in the lake
spasi
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew
There's something for all of us here
There's big work ro do, and there's lesser to do
And the task you must do is the near
spasi
If you can't be a highway then just be a trail
If you can't be a sun be a star
It isn't by size that you win or fail.
Just be the best whatever you are!!
spasi
I dedicated this poem to one of my best friends, Naomi. She's left to Bandung and won't back for a long time. I don't even know the reason why she'd do that, but I only hope the best for her, for she's been accompannying me through my thick and thin, thus make her one of my special people. Mi, whatever you are, just do your best!! I'm hoping for your happiness and success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ehm...farewell gak selalu hell....thx bgt kamu care sama aku ( maybe u gonna say : thas what friend are for..hehe), aku disini baek2x aja, dan tujuanku ke bandung sama kayak yang kalian lakuin di jogja yaitu meraih impian dan cita2x, cuman aku kebangetennya kasih tau ndadak yak? hehe...j`aurai deh....puisi ya yg bagus..tapi aku agak2x gak donk je ama artinya..hehe....