Wednesday, July 20, 2005

This Is Just To Say

This Is Just To Say
(William Carlos Williams)
spasi
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox
spasi
and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast
spasi
Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
spasi
Okay, I just got this poetry in my literature class. And though my lecturer said that this poem was so simple (and open interpretation too), I interpret this very different, and I thought it was too far. But, honestly, that interpretation went along with my recent feeling. Yeah, I want to ask for forgiveness to one of my best friend, because I took away your "plum, which you were probably saving for breakfast". I know I regret that, but as last stanzas says, I enjoy it too, which add my burden, especially when seeing you!

No comments: