Friday, March 30, 2007

Being a Man............

Being a man.... I think that is sentence served as the life principles of almost every man in the world. And, as a man, it also applies to me. And in the end, that principle is the one forming me the way I am, now!

This reflection is made when one of my friend, Dee, saw my boyhood picture, and give comment, "You were sweeter when you were a boy. When I see this pic, I instantly imagine a handsome young man with six pack belly! Unfortunately, you don't know how to take care of yourself!"
Not really surprised, for I have heard this kind of comment since long ago. But I don't know why, after that I started to recall my past, when I was a boy, handsome, cuter than now, with recent style (yeah, even hairstyle. I still remember when all the children and my friends started to imitate my hairstyle, bross and mandarin.....).
And now? I ended up like this. Being a man of mess.......

This point brings back another memory, when my friends in junior high called me sissy, because I can't even play football or having any interest in both football and rock music. Well, bullying sure have its own effect, destructive effect.
From that moment, I only wish to be considered as a man by them. And thus, the sentence, Being a man rooted deep down in my mind. I started to form an ideal man is the one with all their mess, far from style, lad, not using any beauty product, rough, frank, rude, and all those stuffs.
It was the beginning of my transformation, where I swore not to touch any beauty cosmetics, such as facial foam, facial scrub, anti acne, lotion, hand body, and even perfume!!!!! For me, it was not a man's thing!!!!! No way man, I wanna be a man, not a sissy.

But then, the world paradigm shifted. People started to recognize a metrosexual lifestyle, and thus it became widespread culture! Men started to take care of their own body! Body care products for men are everywhere. And yet, I still in my own paradigm, hence I was quite different from others.

And this started all my torture...........................

No comments: