Friday, February 01, 2008

Mask Removal

Yesterday, I met one of my friends. Out of nothing, I suddenly let my guard down and showed my true face, what lies behind this cold mask. (Trust me, I never did that. I still don't know how can that happened!)

You know what my friend said?

"You know what you need? You need someone to understand you, who can console and comfort you in time of need, who can offer a shoulder to cry on should you sad, and who can provide hug and warmth. You don't really need to have commitment with that one, as long as both of you are happy when the other is happy. One who can provide support and encouragement when you are down, and ready to let you go anytime you want to go.

"You need a friend! With whom you can be yourself, remove your mask and admitting your burden. I know that you have that heavy burden on your shoulder, and keep trying to carry it yourself. You'll be dead! Because you have to share that burden!"

And you know what? I still can't easily remove this expressionless face!

No comments: