Monday, September 08, 2008

Hypochondria

Again, I was tickled when reading the article in recent edition of Intisari. This article was in the health section and talked about Hypochondria. Wow, wow, wow, what the hell is hypochondria?

According to the article, hypochondria is an extreme paranoia of disease. Some people have the awareness towards diseases, but in the case of hypochondria, they tend to think that they have certain disease. They are convinced that they have, say for example, deadly cancer within their body. Moreover, the information that they got through reading the health article convinced them more that they have that. Wow! In relation to the recent development of information technology, there is also cyberchondria, in which one got the information of diseases through the internet.

Bad news, hypochondria and cyberchondria is classified into a mental disorder caused by trauma. WOW! Big wow!

Cha and Mit were always annoyed with my over analyzing the symptoms within my body. I once thought that I had skin cancer, though in fact I got allergy. Thinking of having a brain cancer while I actually was totally tired. The recent one, I thought that I had prostate cancer while actually it was just the cold weather forcing me to urinate often. I once also thought that I got HIV when the mosquito bites in my skin leave a black spot, while in fact it's the genetic skin problem from my mother side. From D to A, to M, to N! Gimme DAMN!

PS : I actually want to write this article under the name extreme paranoia, but after reading the article, I decided to change the title into Hypochondria. Wew, what the hell did the writer in Intisari think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penyakit, penyakit...
Tapi qta keren, kan? Penyakit qta penyakit elit...
Kowe kanker prostat, aku kanker serviks...
Wow...