Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dear Someone (2)

Dear someone,

Today is March 21. It might mean nothing to you. Probably just another date passing by, probably just another ordinary Sunday. You might just go to church or spend your day in your room. Might be hanging out with some friends.

But this day means something for me. Exactly a year ago, I met you for the very first time. Going to your boarding room, spending the time together while the falling rain beat the earth mercilessly. We talked of Jesus, of Buddha, of Mohamed. Paulo Coelho and other authors came along the course of our sweet embrace.

Slowly, you whispered in my ear, "Would you like to go to church with me tomorrow?" I nodded in an instance, even though I hadn't gone there for months. You brought me back, blinded me with all your sweetness.

You never remember the date. To be honest, if it was not for the date in the certificate I received that day, I would not remember it as well. You never understand the credit sender to your mobile phone at 21 every month.

The day we went our separate way, it created a scar. Leaving me numb even until now. I feel no genuine feeling anymore. Yet, you walked away easily, with the promise that we will still be friends. You still asked me out, leaving some hopes for my heart. I bore all the suffer, just to be with you. Torn apart inside, but keep it up outside.

And you started erasing my name a month ago from your cell. And I realized that I had to erase you from my very core.

Yet, allow me to cry alone at church today. Today would be my first day of going back to church, remembering you for the last time. Praying for you, and hoping to get more power to walk away.

I'll come to church, the very church we went. The very chair we usually sat on. And shedding tears, but this time, I'll be alone........

No comments: