Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hope

I saw you sitting all alone in the corner of this room. It was lifeless, losing the radiance of hope that you used to bring. You were grim, feeling like you were casted aside by the world. Voiceless with an empty gaze towards the wall. I could even feel the stillness of the blood in the veins. Depressing, frustrating, yet ironic.

Ironic, for you were the one acting so happy and cheerful before. I could see the happiness and the sunrays reflected
on your eyes. The very eyes that contained both the sun and the rainbow. But then, it changed. You became a lifeless doll with no spark in that glance. No warmth, as if your soul was frozen in the emanation of absolute zero. The pale skin of yours told me the story, how you gave your heart to someone. You gave it to the one, wholly and thoroughly. You believed in the future, the one happy dream you shared with. But then, it froze and crashed. Not just your heart, but also the whole you. You must have crashed very hard, shattering your frozen stature into million pieces.

It’s hard. Very difficult, I know. Rebuilding your self from the million shattering shards. Along the way, you found that those shards hurt you so deep. You stepped on it, and you could not continue along the way. Heck, the floating shards eventually blinded you from seeing what lied ahead. The bigger piece might pierce your chest and stab your very soul. Were those the reasons you exiled yourself in the corner of the room and not wanting to walk ahead?

I did. That was what I felt. Gazing a far, ready to burst into tears at any second. Feeling hollow and incomplete, trying to torn myself apart more and more, only to get rid of this feeling of emptiness. I too was afraid of even rebuilding myself, for I thought the rebuilding would then get destructed later on. Useless and alone. It was not until I saw you from the different corner of this solitude that I braced myself and approached you.

Let’s ignite a small flame here! I want to see a spark of hope. I know you are strong. In fact, why don’t we build a new structure? I can shield you from those painful shard. We can share this pain and build a new slate. Afterall, who knows the pain more than us? You at least know how I felt, and what to do. I might not understand completely your experiene, your pain and sorrow. But I could be all ears. After all, we hit the rock bottom. What could be worse than that, eh?

It doesn’t matter if you lost your hope for the old world. Let’s build a new world! Slowly, we’re walking this path together. We can mend our hearts together, rejuvenating our very core with the sprinkled water of companionship. And we can go seeing the first sunrise in our reconstructed world.

Dedicated to all friends who became the victim of December-January Blue. The moment when many people broke up.

No comments: