Thursday, June 12, 2008

Being Normal? Ouch!

I had a chat with an old friend, Cing-cing. It's been eon ever since our last meeting. Surely, this wasn't a direct meeting, for she was in Surabaya then. Thanks to the magic of Messenger, I was able to 'meet' her.

I knew that she was going to Dutch this 18. So, I decided to ask her a souvenir from there. Surely, she asked me, what kind of thing I want. My answer remained unchanged, Dutch Lady wrapped in a pink ribbon (Hehehehe, still..........) This conversation finally led to further discussion about relationship, how we are actually still single for almost 22 years. And that among the five of us, only Git who had the experience with relationship (even several, duh!). This went to the public opinion that Git is the most normal among us all. True, Cing-cing, me, Ces, and Lia never had any relationship.

I then told her to find a boyfriend. She answered that she had two already, piano and guitar. (Really the one that I know. She stayed the same!) I replied that I was also busy with my books and laptop. That we both have no time for a relationship. That we both are not normal!

This concept of normal was the one triggering the discussion about normality. I have to agree with her opinion that nobody in the world is completely normal. That everyone is an abnormal person themselves. That normal is an absurd concept.

Hmmm, this made me thinking, what then is the standard of being normal? Weight has its own standard, height has it own standard, energy, temperature, time, and many more. International standard, even. But being normal? What was the standard again, eh?

Doing everything that everyone does? A uniformity? Wew, so being different is not normal? Having different perspective and logic? What a BORING world, then.

If so then, I would proudly declare myself as an ABNORMAL being.

If that was the definition of being NORMAL, then I would be very ashamed to be NORMAL. Call me ABNORMAL, call me FREAK! At least, I have my own fun in being a FREAK, rather than live in the boring and dull NORMAL world.

PS : Hmmm, ignore this if you don't agree. But I need to tell you that Cing-cing's opinion combined with mine would make a very radical one, even since we were in the elementary school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, being normal means being a bitch. Well at least, 'bitch' in my definition.
Just do what you thing is right, or even if you know that it's wrong, as long as u're sure with that, just do it. Live with it, even if it will bring lots of consequences eventually.
Deal, my bitch friend?

Anonymous said...

Damn! You should jusk ask me for a beeeettttttteeeer pic! Lol, that honestly is the WORST pic of mine. F*** ya! :P

Anonymous said...

Dah selesai bikin post balesan. Baca dhewe di friendster blog-ku. Wakakak.