Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dynasty Warriors 6 for PS2!


Actually, I have prepared some more serious writings than this. I only need to edit some parts of that writings, but this unimportant thing suddenly burst in my head. Yep! Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special Edition.

Actually, I had nothing to do when I finally decided to went to a game shop near my home. At that second, an image struck me. I saw Zhao Yun and Sima Yi in the new game rack. I thought, hmm, is that a new cover variant from Warriors Orochi 2? But no.. When I approached it, it was Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special Edition for PS2. Below that, I saw Dynasty Warriors 6 written in it. WHAT??? Is this another kind of trick? Just like those Digimon World 4 for PSX (But it turned out to be Digimon World 1 inside! Damn!). I knew deep within me that I should not fall for the same trick twice, but I decided to purchase it.

I went straight to the internet cafe near there and opened GameFAQ to check it. And guess what? It confirmed my happiness. Yes, KOEI did port the newest installment of Dynasty Warriors franchise to its long time home, the sweet PS2. Surely, this is a good news for poor gamer like me who can't afford 360 yet (though the price of 360 arcade dropped to $199, but with the instability of currency rate and my monthly paycheck, still cannot afford it!). With the big changes they made, who wouldn't want to taste this (almost brand) new game? Revamped characters, revamped weapons, revamped engine, and new ability (sadly, due to the inferiority of PS 2 to PS 3 and 360, the new ability to swim was eliminated)

Another big news, KOEI revert some characters back to their original weapon! Zhang He got his claws back rather than generic spear moveset, Taishi Chi back with his Twin Rod, Ling Tong left his generic spear moveset and acquired triple stick. Yue Ying still leave her beloved scythe, but also leave her bow (with identical moveset to Shang Xiang) and got Dart Blade (made me wonder, isn't that too modern for that era?) Furthermore, these characters now got their own musou story! Yay!!!

Thus, PS 2 still rule!! Its lifespan is still there....... Viva KOEI!!!

No comments: