Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Still Miss Him after 8 years,,,,,,,,,,,,

I dreamt about him two nights ago. A person that occupied my hearts for long. The one who really cared about me, put me high, and supported me. His name is Agus Buntoro Junaedi, also known as Lie Beng Yun (sorry, don’t know how to trancript it into pinyin). And I used to call him Opa. Yep, he’s my grandfather from the mother side.

I got to say that I was his favourite grandson. Sure, I was his only grandson for 6 years. My little brother was born when I was 6 years old, but we moved away from his house. So, I could proudly say that his affection to me was greater than to my brother and cousins.

He passed away 8 years ago, in 2001. Diabetes Melitus, said the doctor. But the family still believe that the only reason he passed away was his heartbroken. He lost my grandmother 4 year prior. Gee, such a romantic love story (when will I have the same story?)

In my dream, he appeared to me as I remember him. Big, dark, tall, strong. His glorious era. “Doel, let’s go looking for sate kambing!” he asked me. Sate Kambing was something binding us, in fact. He liked to try food from various restaurants. Since he didn’t like to go alone, I was always the one he took. My father and uncle couldn’t eat much, so he wouldn’t be satisfied. Different with me, as my stomach is as bottomless as his, he liked to go with me. And his favourite food was Sate Kambing.

We took off, went to the restaurant, and coming back home again. To my surprise, we didn’t ride Viki (my red Yamaha V-ixion). We rode my old motorbike instead. The memorable Honda Supercup. Right in front of the graveyard near my house, we switched position. Reaching my house, I awoke.

Damn! I didn’t have any thought about him previously. Why did I dream of him suddenly? But then, I missed him deeply. So, Opa, wherever you are, please watch me from above.

PS : Have I made you proud, pa? I’m trying my best to be the best of me. But I’m not perfect. I still have some mistakes and flaws.

2 comments:

Dr Pr said...

so sweet, you love him that much

i believe, you have made him proud of you
^_^

Chrysogonus said...

Thanks. I did lots of lowly things, I am ashamed of that.