Thursday, January 08, 2009

Review : Resident Evil Degeneration

Yep, I just purchased this movie three hours ago, and finished watching it half an hour ago. I was mesmerized and stunned. This is what Resident Evil movie should be. By releasing this, Capcom has redeemed their sin for the Resident Evil trilogy with Alice. I mean, who the hell is Alice?? She never appeared in any RE games. They tried to put Jill Valentine in the second movie, but she looked like a crappy cosplayer. The third movie featured Claire Redfield, and ended up creating an over-innocent Claire.

For more than years, I've craved for a 'real' RE movie. The real one, with the similar ambiance to the game. Shock and surprised here and there. Not some sort of action and explosion movie. Milla Jovovich was hot enough, but she brought RE to a completely new direction. Dammit, there were never any superhero in the Resident Evil saga.

When I heard the information of Resident Evil Degeneration months ago in the forum, I was jumping on my seat. A full CG movie of Resident Evil. And yeah, they could make spectacular things happened then. The glory of Final Fantasy Advent Children and its success in redeeming FF : Spirit Within aroused my optimism.

And today, while I'm browsing for new DVD movies in movie stack, I stumbled unto this heckuva title. Brought it back home, turned my parents' TV on (umm, they have this HD LCD TV, so I decided to go there instead of watching it in my home! :D), turned my DVD player on, put the DVD, and played it.

I watched the trailer first. Wow, who's that red haired cute girl? She's the main character in the movie. And I almost screamed happily. Claire Redfield! And who was that man? "I'm Leon Kennedy!" I felt like hopping around my house. They met again, 7 years after Resident Evil 2. After their solo action, Claire in RE: Code Veronica and Leon in RE 4.

I checked the plot. And yea, they recognized one another. It's in the continuity! They didn't make an alternate timeline, like when they screwed the trilogy. A reference to the events in the game. G-Virus, anybody??? Well yeah, they made Claire an NGO official, but in 7 years, it is possible. She still maintained her fighting capability.

Capcom did put a new character there, Angela Miller. Some of my friends are impressed with this character, but I think they put her there only for Leon. I kinda hope that they put Elza, the original character intended for RE 2, which was finally replaced by Claire. Her impressive and memorable scene was in the ending, when she wore 'that clothes' which showed her IMPRESSIVE cleavage! Kekekekeke!

However, IMO, Capcom played safe by not relating this arc into Umbrella corporation. I'm pretty sure they don't want to ruin the continuity in the game. And oh, I want Ada Wong in the movie too.... Make them meet! Jill Valentine (in the first costume, please! You're fighting, not going to the club!), Ada Wong, and Claire Redfield. Yummy!

1 comment:

Dr Pr said...

untung gw bukan penyuka film2 ngitu, or any what soever that genre..hoho, at least final fantasy boleh lah ya

mending maen n nonton pokemon!!
hoho