Sunday, December 05, 2010

Cambridge #2 : Christmas

Christmas is drawing near. And having been living in European, I finally feel the celebration. Unlike in Indonesia, people are very eager to take part in the party. It is really a family time, in which every family has their own tradition. Everybody wanted to go back to their home as soon as possible.

That leaves me alone in Cambridge. A small city in the middle of the bleak winter surrounded by antiquity. Living in college meaning staying alone with less people with silence all around. With a short winter day and bleak sky, the white Christmas will not be white.

I am supposed to be homesick, like my other friends. But the truth is, I don't miss my home very much. Some friends asked me, "How do you feel of spending christmas without your family?" I could not think about any answer rather than happy. Yes, I am looking forward to it.

My Christas was never full with tradition. It was never memorable. So, a bleak christmas here is even better than christmas at home.

PS : What the hell is this writing? I must be at the bottom, for this is very baad!

No comments: