Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Binary Trouble

It's about stereotype for gender binary, guys. With the existence of Queer Theory, why do we still gender the stereotypes?

I am biologically my man, but what is my gender?
I certainly know nothing about Manchester United,
but I don't care either with the designer of Kate Middleton's wedding dress!
Yes I like to play video game and dislike playing Barbie doll,
but I am good at cooking and bad at mechanics.
I love opera, but don't ask me about fashion tips.
I dislike Twilight, Edward Cullen, Bella, and Jacob
the same way I don't like Saving Private Ryan.
But at the same time, I like The Butterfly Effect and Zatoichi.
I don't like Miyabi, but I favour Terra Patrick.
For me Brad Pitt is hot, but Jolie is not. Nicole Kidman is.
Yes, I watched Queer as Folk. But let me say that I also watch The L Word.
Don't get me wrong, I ogle on Power Girl's costume but Wonder Woman with pants is equally hot, while Superman is a steroid victim.

THE QUESTION IS, HOW IMPORTANT ARE THOSE THINGS?

I will still live on without knowing the detail for Manchester United or Royal Wedding. Jacques Lacan is far more interesting!

Eat your bashing stereotyping comment, dear friends. Gender is constructed, and not an innate thing. Stop bashing, stop the stereotype, and one day you'll know that there are more important things than the binary.

PS : I watch Glee, and I believe it might also be your guilty pleasure.

1 comment:

BaS said...

Hey, tulisan yang bagus. Tanpa sadar aku membaca sambil tersenyum dan mengangguk mengiyakan buah pikiranmu.

Mengenai stereotypes? Aku sudah lama tidak peduli dengan stereotypes.

Btw, link ke blog "BaS" sudah ganti ya mas. Aku ganti alamat blog soalnya.

Nice post....cheers!