Monday, May 09, 2011

A Girl Who Kills Her Own Heart

“I’ve killed my own heart!”

That is the most shocking sentence I’ve ever heard. What does this girl mean?

“How can you live without a heart?”

She laughed.

“I am alive, that’s it!”

“But, how can you kill your own heart? Who’s going to regulate your blood circulation?”

“I am alive. Isn’t that self explanatory? I don’t need my heart to pump the blood!”

I was puzzled with her explanation. But she just smiled mysteriously.

“I took my heart out and crushed it. But contrary to the medical belief, I don’t have the blood in there. My colleagues were as surprised as I was during the surgery. But that is the fact. No blood!”

Silence.

“Tell me then, what is your secret?”

“My heart is the heart of the world. I crushed it and gave it to people suffering in remote parts of the world. Each piece grows into a new heart, pumping the blood into their already cold bodies, heating their mind and spirit. Each beat of their hearts becomes my heartbeat. Each drop of blood in their veins flows through my veins. They need my heart more than I do. On the other hand, I won’t have a heart attack or broken heart!”

She waved goodbye and went her own way.

She’s right. She kills her own heart, yet she’s more alive than many people.

5 comments:

Justjanesinsaneblog@blogspot.com said...

Beautiful writing. Thank you.

BaS said...

nice post .......

Chrysogonus said...

Thank you Jane and mas BaS

Anonymous said...

What a lucky to meet her. A person like that is hard to find these days :)

Skyz said...

interesting words...i wish i could do that too..having a heart..is painful and depressing.