Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cheating Teacher?? Duh!

Reading the articles about cheat conducted in UN by some TEACHERS, I was so shocked. Being a teacher-candidate myself, I would certainly never thought of doing such thing, of facilitating my students to cheat. That is so not me (who was a big fat cheater myself...... Duh!). Hey, since I know how to cheat myself, I am familiar with many cheating techniques. Thus, I know how to catch the cheater in my class red handed!

Dude, I didn’t blame the students who cheat in UN (been there, done that!), as long as they are good enough so that no one know, that’s their own problem. I was student myself, and I cheated, and no teacher knows……. That’s just my own justification, though. Being one, my principle was “The rules are made to break!” The stricter the rule, the better I was in breaking it.

But this is a special case. The cheaters are not the students, but the teachers! God, they are supposed to set example for their students. They are supposed to be the good guy in the whole story. But now?? They cheated!

Yeah, it is supposed to be some kind of ironic stories within Indonesian education. The ones that should help and facilitate this nation to go to the good way don’t set any example. They took the wrong turn. The question is WHY?

According to some newspaper, these teachers did that out of their fright. They are afraid that the students would never graduate. WTF! Yes, UN in some extent is a flaw within the whole system. But by cheating for the students, it makes a bigger flaw in the system. It already deviates the aim of the education far from the original source. In fact, it is not educating at all.

Have they heard the phrase, “Learning through mistake”???? That life is not always smooth, that failure is inevitable in every single aspect of life. Even further, the Murphy Law, something that can go wrong will always go wrong! And through the failure, the betterment would be achieved! Because what is important in the process of teaching-learning is not the final result, but the process of doing so. And if the process is correct, then what is learnt will be stored deep within the mind, thus can be recalled any time. The opposite, if the process is wrong, then what happened is only the memorization on the outer layer of the brain, easily forgotten. (DAMMIT, why can’t most Indonesian understand this???????)

Related to what had happened last year, the case of young teachers who are exiled and discriminated only because they reported the cheating in the UN, it really is the biggest irony in the education. They were seen as the wrong party, since their number is smaller than those supporting cheating.

Came question, why can these teachers support the cheater? What kind of mental are they having? Aren’t they supposed to have good mentality? Ummm, wrong dude! Since years ago, being a teacher is not a first choice, so that most students in teacher training faculty are not those damn smart. And so that their mentality. It might also be that they have the cheater mentality as well. Uurgh!

I didn’t mean to support government’s UN or the party that sees UN as some kind of flaw. Both are wrong! (Beside, truth is relative in this world, dude!) I just need to pour what I am thinking! That’s all, thanks!

No comments: