Monday, May 12, 2008

Service, again Service!

I just had a bad experience this morning. Well, since this is monday, I had to teach in Paingan at 7.30. Again, I blew up my preparation by forget making copies for today's material. Thank goodness there was copy centre opened early in the morning near Paingan. (Well, I did copy the previous material here, so I know that this copy centre opened early. Hehehehe!)

My watch showed 7.20. 10 more minutes before my class started. It was so not funny if I came late, for I keep reminding the students not to come late.

"Mbak!" I called her. She glanced at me, and continued dusting around. (F**k! Did she know that I am the customer? That I need to copy my material ASAP?????) WHAT???? Come on, please serve me, gal!

Still with my patient face, "Mbak, I need to make a copy of it!" (Note: automatically translated into English!) She stopped for a minute. Thank GOD, I thought. But wew, she continued her dusting. WTF!!!! Aaargh!

Since I am a nice person, I waited her (and since there's no other choice..... I needed to get the copies as soon as possible). Good, finally she stopped dusting and approached me. Finally! However, she stopped in the drawer in front of me, AND STARTED FIXING THE DRAWER! WHAT?? (Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...........)

"Mbak, I need to copy these six pages!"

She nodded and took my book. I gave her sign that I need to get two pages from the book in a piece of paper. Again, she nodded.

You can imagine how surprised I was when seeing that she made a copy of the book a page in a piece! OMG, it would certainly doubled the rate! If I would do that, I would not copy the last page, dude! I corrected her, and she said innocently, "It's done already!"

AAAAARRRRGH!!!!!

When the copies were done (7 copies), she asked me, "You want to clip them?" WHAT?? What a silly question! It was 6 pages each, and without any clipping, how could I distribute it? "Sure things, mbak!" Though I said in my mind, "Need to ask that, dumbass? What are you? An old hag?"

She set the copies and quickly clipped them. "3000!" she said. I paid her and she left already, leaving me with only a pile of paper, with no plastic to carry them. FYI, she went to the back room. Ouch!

I was so very extremely upset! "Can I have a plastic to carry this?" I asked her. She didn't notice my tone, and gave me the plastic without any expression, any words, and such. What a shame?

Copy center should be one of the service business, providing and selling a service. Meaning? They have to treat every of their customers well, so that there will be a satisfaction and ensure the customer to come back again. But from what I saw, from what I've been observing all this time, all that people care in Indonesia is not the sustainability, but the money coming at the first time, They never care that the money which come later is far greater than the first time.

Ah, service business. They should've attend Bu Lani's course, Service Program Design and made "How To Start A Service Business" as their guidebook........

No comments: