Friday, May 16, 2008

Go, Nana, Go!

I called her Nana, though it has been 9 years since I last met her. But everytime there was news in the paper about Indonesian badminton, I often read her name, her complete name, Fransiska Ratnasari. Yes, the member of this year Uber team, though only served as benched player.

I met her during my junior high. For only 4 month, she was in the same class with me. Fransiska Ratnasari Harisaputra, tomboy and strong girl, even stronger than most guys in my class. Scary, though. And when she decided to move to Jakarta to join Pelatnas, we let her go with pride within us. I myself was so sure that she would be famous and great someday. And that I was in the same class with her, knew her (well, what is the relation anyway????).

I was waiting for her news, year by year, until I finally read the news 4 years ago that she was in the Uber Team. Yes! My prediction was right! She made it.

This year, I specially looked for her name in the article about Thomas-Uber. She should be there, and she would probably play! Yes, her name was there, but not as the main player, rather as the alternative player in the third single, the alternative for Pia Zebaidah. Ouch, I wanna see her play! When she carries the name of Indonesia in her shoulder, when she can prove that Indonesia is still as powerful as ever. (Well, at least we need to prove the world that Indonesia is still powerful in BADMINTON! That there is at least a thing to consider and proud of from this country!)

Ah, even Mom looked for article about her. When she heard that Uber team made it to final, she said to Dad, "Sure, Doel's friend played!" Hahahahaha, so even my mom support Nana! Well, who doesn't support Indonesian team anyway?

However, I saw her face in today's paper. She looked so happy, being a member of Indonesian Uber Team, upon reaching the final, though she is constantly benched. Na, your time is yet to come! Show the world your fangs!

You have a great deal of chances to bring back nationalism to the whole Indonesia! For you show your strength for Indonesia... Remember your fight during Piala Sudirman, Na!

Go Nana, Go!

No comments: