Friday, May 16, 2008

Matchmaking? Oh, come on!

EAD 2008 ended last Sunday (11/05) with my brother being the third winner of Writing Contest. Wew, so very proud of him, since I was the judge for story telling contest. Hahahaha! However, there was some story left behind, waiting to be told.

This story is about Cha. Well, she was also involved in the EAD as the judge of Speech Contest in the first day. Well, since she was already like my fag-hag, so we keep going together, fooled around together on that day. Even at the midday, when lunch came, I asked my bro to have lunch with us. Unfortunately, when we were walking, he was stopped by his school friends who said that the school will treat him lunch. So he left with his friends, leaving us. Nothing happened though. He already knew my “status” with Cha, which is only a friend. So we went to Jo, spent time there, chatted with Jod, and ordered cold beverage (chocolate shake with choco chips and god-forsaken-cheese) for that dear-and-loving brother of mine. Sure things, after we finished, we gave the drink to him. He was with his friends.

Suddenly, he said to me, “Hey, I know where was Cha. She was the judge for speech contest, wasn't she?”

I responded lightly with a question, “So you saw her judging?”

He answered, “No. But my friend said to me that my brother's girlfriend was the judge in speech contest!” BURP!!! I was so shocked and starting to laugh. WHAT? Another misconception! Another fool was thinking that we are a couple? Gosh, this is not the first time, been four years. Some even called Cha my first wife. Wadaw!

Yes, we did fool around, going here and there together, have lunch together, but most of the time, I wasn't with her only. Mit and Ri often accompanied us. Sometime Yo joined up. I knew her deep and long enough, enough to decide that I am not going to be her boyfriend. We are happy with our current status, freaky single, the founder of single club. (Ooops, sorry Mit. From your perspective, we were taken. Hehehehehe!) For those have the misconception about my relationship with Cha, let me emphasize, I have no feeling towards her. At least, not yet (and I hope never..... Duh!) What is so wrong with guy fooled around with his friend who is a girl? Where is the concept of friendship???

Need to put the blame? Well, I will certainly blame the role of television which keeps broadcasting the God-forsaken-rubbish-super-complicated-teenage-love-drama! They carried within themselves a concept that two person from the opposite sex who go together is always a couple, girlfriend and boyfriend. Ouch! Carry the dogma that being in a relationship is a must, and if you never have any relationship, then you are an outcast of this world. Against that, I'll certainly say, HELL WITH THAT!!!!!! STUPID CONCEPT!

According to that concept, then I'll be one of the biggest fools ever in the world, since I've been single for almost 22 years!!!! Yeah, almost my whole life. But hey, which fool is able to publish books? Which fool is able to gain good GPA???

Then, WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH BEING SINGLE?????????????

Okay, come back to the main focus. Oh come on, can those people see the concept of equal friendship? Please please please, open your eyes widely and see that there is something called friendship between sexes. And trust me, this is more meaningful than your so-called-shallow-love-or-lust-but-a-must-have-though-no-formal-rule-said-so relationship. Oh, come one dude. Grow up! Welcome to the real world!

In the end? Cha is only my friend! Nothing more. (Though I called her yang – short for eyang – and she called me say – short for sayton!) Hehehehe!

No comments: