Monday, May 19, 2008

The Final Battle of SEDC??


As Prof. Diggory from The Chonicles of Narnia said, “I am fortunate enough to be able to see the dawn and creation of Narnia. I never thought that I can live long enough to see its dusk and destruction!” Yes, the feeling he shared with me.

This is still about the SEDC (Smada English Debating Society). As stated in my previous post, I decided to resign and make this year as my last training year there. Ika has pledged her loyalty to replace me next year, though this year she already taught. Well, call it probation moment.

However, one thing that I miscalculated was the fact that she doesn't change her mentality, that she doesn't grow up. Her temperament IS still the biggest problem ever. This is added with her ambition to repeat SEDC's achievement in her era. Thus, it really contradicts the basic nature of SEDC, that we are debating for fun, enjoying the process.

The initial problem came along with the conflict with Pak Her. Well, this conflict has actually initiated when she was still in senior high. However, she forgot that Pak Her is the founder as well as the greatest supporter for SEDC. Without him, there can't be any SEDC. But she refused to have any kind of communication with him. D'oh!

The next problem was her conflict with Dio's team. Dio, Lis, and Yog. Yog never really came to practice, and this made Ika really angry. She thought that Yog had underestimated her. She refused to see that Yog rarely came to school as well, due to his career as tennis athlete. This, in turn, caused the friction among these people, the banning of Dio's team by Ika.

Surely, Dio cs was very angry. They decided to stand independently, not under SEDC (or more precisely, not under Ika). They got their support from the teachers. And when I knew this, I started to think that this might trigger SEDC self-destruction from within. My fault, leaving most of the authority in Ika's hand.

Well, in the end, they tried to go into the competition and lost. After that, I received message, they decided to resign from the whole debating world. They said sorry for all of this, but these three couldn't take Ika as their mentor anymore. The team actually asked me to retake and reassume the position, but for many reason, I just can't.

Recently, just few days ago, Ika texted me.She said that she had enough with the junior. They are quite hard to join the competition. She said to me all in capital, that SHE IS SICK WITH THEM! Meaning, she had enough of them?? What????

Well, I've seen the birth and the dawn of SEDC, been nurturing it ever since the birth, seeing their climax, achieving the first winner of Provincial Competition, seeing them went into ALSA. And now, together with my resignation, I will see its last glory?

Duh, I really want someone capable enough to continue this legacy of mine. To continue their glory. Don't let SEDC fall apart, God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you would talking about superhero, as you put superhero picture...

Anyway...when you thinking that you are right, you have to conquers it.

Good luck
^_^